Processing of all permits can take up to ten business days after all the application and all the required documents have been received.
Building A New Home
If you are wanting to build a new home or are having a modular/manufactured home installed, please see the check list below for action items to be completed prior to applying for a new home application. Once those items that are applicable on the checklist have been completed, then a new dwelling permit application can be completed. This application is through the DSPS website. Link below. The online permit application will need to be submitted and the required documents indicated on the check list can be emailed to Melstrom Inspections.
Other Residential Projects
If you have a project other than a new dwelling, see the list of applications below. If you do not see a specific application for your project, you can complete the General Building Permit Application below.
For all applications when you submit the application, you will also need to submit:
- A copy of your zoning/land use permit, if applicable.
- A signed copy of the cautionary statement.
- A completed erosion control plan, if soil is going to be disturbed.
- A copy of a sanitary permit, if applicable.
- A site plan. A site plan is a bird’s eye view of your lot. Included in the plan should be any existing structures and the distances to property lines. The location and layout of the proposed project with distance to the property lines and the distances to any existing structures. Location of the well and sanitary system shall be noted on the plan. and a proposed location with distances to the property lines.
- General Building Application
- Garage/Shed Application
- Solar Application
- Residential Service Install/Upgrade
- Deck Application
- If you are building a deck, a deck framing plan and a side view, with elevations of the deck will need to be submitted with the application. A deck framing worksheet is HERE.
- Fence Application
- Sign Application
- Swimming Pool Application
- Raze Application
Commercial Project Applications